I've moved my blog and previous posts to WordPress!

You will be automatically redirected to the new location at

www.apottersview.com

Please update your bookmarks and subscriptions.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Personal Adventures and Family Promises

I'm at Candler School of Theology at Emory and it's going well - a new group of eager students for the two classes that I'm teaching: "Theology in the Wesleyan Spirit" and "United Methodist Discipline and Polity." The days have been interesting, getting up early for an 8 am class that goes straight through for two hours, a worship break, then 11:30am-2 pm for the last class. I miss lunch, but I have more time than ever for the afternoon and don't have to fight the snail pace of North Decatur Rd. to get back to the apartment they have me in at Emory's Clairmont campus.

I've had high hopes of working out in the fitness center, but haven't made it yet. Maybe tonight, but I have a couple of novels that are calling. I shaved my beard today. It was only a week old, hah! I went to Mt. Mitchell for a week and tent-camped, hiked, graded papers, and got ready for class, no shower and no shaving. I came straight here. This weekend is Laity Convocation at Lake Junaluska so I'll travel up Saturday morning and meet with the Cabinet then travel to Columbia to spend the night, then go to a Pottery Exhibit Opening in my hometown of Edgefield on Sunday before coming back to Atlanta to teach the final week here at Emory. I can't wait to see the new groundhog kiln they're dedicating in Edgefield. They've asked me to do the prayer because of my family's connection to the Edgefield Pottery revival.


Cindy just let me know that old friends have given us their beach place to use in a couple of weeks so that's wonderful. As much as I like the mountains, there's no place like the beach to be around Enoch and Evy. Ah...Grandchildren building sandcastles and memories. I can't wait! Well, that's enough about my itenrary. I hope you're all having a great summer. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment