I've moved my blog and previous posts to WordPress!

You will be automatically redirected to the new location at

www.apottersview.com

Please update your bookmarks and subscriptions.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

You Gotta Serve Somebody

Robert Allen Zimmerman turned 70 on May 24th! Don't recognize the name? It's Bob Dylan. He is 70! He can't be 70! Are you kidding? His weirdly poetic sound gave voice to my 60's generation, but I still hear him today. I can hear his nasally-induced sound in "Lay, Lady, Lay" or "House of the Risin' Sun," and "Blowin' in the Wind." What this guy did with a not-so-great voice and geeky scrungy looks is hard to fathom. He's been Jewish, Born-Again Christian, and everything in between. His song, "You Gotta Serve Somebody," speaks as clearly today as it did 30 years ago. It calls me to faithful discipleship and makes me ask THE hard question, "Who is Lord of my life?"



On this Saturday morning when I don't want to serve anybody and would just love to catch an old movie, read & reflect in peace - no "do, do, do..." resounding in my psyche - maybe what I need to do is put on what in my playlist is called "Moods" and pop in my earbuds and chill. Or maybe I need to pray and read the Scripture and hear a different tune from The Different Drummer - Jesus and inner-dance to his rhythm. Ah, now that might be most satisfying of all. You gotta serve Somebody, somehow some way, everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment