I've moved my blog and previous posts to WordPress!

You will be automatically redirected to the new location at

www.apottersview.com

Please update your bookmarks and subscriptions.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anniversary Joy

Well, how do you encapsulate 35 years of marriage into a blog? You can't! This coming Monday, December 20th, will be my and Cindy's grand day! We'll be in New York catching the NYC Ballet's "Nutcracker," and other treats. There's simply not enough that I can do or say to express my love and gratitude to God and Cindy for these years. And it almost didn't happen! When she and I first met she thought I was using an old line, "Haven't I met you somewhere before?" Her answer: "In your dreams." I had dated too many of her friends, was 3 years younger, and had little or no credibility, but I'm telling you, it was love at first sight. I remember one night daring to reach out and touch her hand and ask her out. Before I could say anything, she stated emphatically, "It would take thunder and lightening before I would go out with you!!!"

Thankfully, summer in South Carolina's Lowcountry provides an abundance of the aforementioned natural fireworks. After several years of being best friends and me dating anybody I thought was remotely like her, we went walking one July afternoon, and... Boom! Thunder and lightening. We talked about God's desires and resonated as we always had about spiritual things, and I said to her, "You're set apart," and she said, "For you." WOW! Right then and there before we had ever been on a date or kissed, I asked her to marry me, and she said, "Yes!" Less than 6 months later we were married at Kingstree United Methodist Church on December 20, 1975.

Cindy and Evy Grace
It has been the best journey of my life. We've been blessed with three wonderful children, two super children-in-law, two grandchildren, Enoch and Evy, with another little one on the way. God has been so good to us through tragedy and triumph. We're still best friends, have wonderful date-nights (You gotta do it), and pray together every day. I just want to say "Thank you!" to God for the best Christmas present ever in my dear wife Cindy. You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment