I've moved my blog and previous posts to WordPress!

You will be automatically redirected to the new location at

www.apottersview.com

Please update your bookmarks and subscriptions.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Risk It All for God!

It's been exactly a month since I last wrote anything. Crazy!? Yes, the holidays were hectic. My mother-in-law got sick. We've spent a lot of time on the road seeing the grandchildren, and... I'm not going to bore you with the details of 30 days of pre-Christmas, Christmas, and post-Christmas events, pottery-making, bowl game blues, New Year's hopes, and our first fake tree ever because we spent the entire 4 weeks on the road and need another 4 weeks of time off to feel normal. Plus, like everyone else, we're pretty bummed about the economy, wars, and everything else. Epiphany season is just in time plus the "Miracle on the Hudson." I need an Epiphany season to remind me that God can do the extraordinary- A "Miracle on the Broad, Congaree, Saluda, Wateree, Pee Dee, Edisto, Santee, Black, Savannah, Seneca, Pacolet, Catawba and whatever other Rivers there are in SC!" As we start ramping up for appointment-making, I especially need more than a few "Aha" moments so that we can make sense of the next to none retirements, hunkering down pastors and churches; i.e., few moves. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least. In spite of it all, my mantra for the New Year and how I'm going to sign off on all my emails is "Risk it all for God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment