I've moved my blog and previous posts to WordPress!

You will be automatically redirected to the new location at

www.apottersview.com

Please update your bookmarks and subscriptions.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

She's Here!!!

Well, Narcie's wait is over and Evangeline Grace Jeter made her advent Sunday afternoon. Narcie preached at St. John's, Fort Mill and went into labor afterwards. Now that's a moving sermon! A couple of hours later Evangeline was born, 8 lbs. 7 oz and 19.5 inches long. She is beautiful. Enoch has adjusted well as he has greeted his baby sister. All are fine. I'm back in Columbia doing DS stuff and firing one last load of Christmas ornaments for all the clergy in the district. We have our Christmas party Thursday night so time is literally of the essence. Then it's back to Rock Hill to see my girls and guys, including Cindy/Grammie who is in the photo holding our new arrival! Advent is wonderful! Evangeline Grace came on the first Sunday of Advent, the first Sunday of a new Christian year. Cindy and I will celebrate our 33rd anniversary on December 20! It's a wonderful time of year.

It's a fresh start all the way around. We knew the baby was coming, just like we know Christmas is coming, and I know I should have been working on those ornaments back in August, but the actual events catch us unawares sometimes. Christ's advent changes things, and I'm excited to see how Evangeline's birth changes us and the world. She's no Jesus, but wait a minute, aren't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment